Clarksville, TN ? The Go Commando Half Marathon & 5k powered bywill feature a free Health and Fitness Expo as part of the race weekend. The Go Commando Health Expo presented by The Runners Hub will be Friday, October 19th from 10:00am?8:00pm.
The event is open to the public as well as race participants.The Health Expo will be held at the new Wilma Rudolph Event Center at Liberty Park. Race participants will have the chance to pick up their event packets and meet health and fitness professionals and vendors.
Over 45 vendors will be on hand to offer advice, training tips, provide samples and more. The Runners Hub, presenting sponsor of the Health Expo, will have a micro-store on-site offering all the running essentials.
?We feel privileged and are honored to host the 2012 Health & Fitness Expo,? states Travis Esterby, Owner of The Runners Hub. ?It is really exciting to see the amount of runners throughout the Clarksville area grow. We continue to be impressed by the amount of health conscious individuals there are throughout the community.?
The Runners Hub is Clarksville?s only locally owned specialty running store. The Runners Hub staff can provide gait analysis and recommendations on products specific to the individual athlete. Race participants are encouraged to visit The Runners Hub, 127 Franklin Street, prior to the race for all of their training needs. Special events, such as group runs and pre-race evaluations will also take place at the store. Details can be found on the Go Commando Facebook page.
If you would like to be a vendor at the Health & Fitness Expo presented by The Runners Hub contact Jessica Goldberg at 931.245.4346 or email. There is limited space still available. To learn more about the Expo visit the event website at www.gocommandoclarksville.com .
About Go Commando
The 2012 Go Commando Half Marathon & 5k will be Saturday, October 20th and is limited to the first 1,500 participants. In 2011, the inaugural race sold out. The Go Commando Half Marathon presented by CDE Lightband began in 2011 as a tribute to the soldiers at Fort Campbell and their families.
The event is also aimed at promoting health & wellness to the Clarksville-Montgomery County community. The race is completely community driven, with local organizations and businesses partnering to create a fun and engaging event. The race is also featured in the Guinness Book of World Records after a local Fort Campbell solider, Marc DiBernardo, ran the entire 13.1 miles wearing a gas mask.
More information for the event can be found at www.gocommandoclarksville.com.
If you are interested in sponsoring or advertising with our event please contact Jessica Goldberg at 931.245.4346 or email.
If you are interested in participating in the event, visit the website or contact Channel Lemon at 931.245.4347 or email.
TopicsCDE Lightband, Clarksville TN, Clarksville-Montgomery County, Facebook, Fort Campbell KY, Franklin Street, Go Commando Half Marathon and 5k, Guinness Book of World Records, Health and Fitness Expo, Jessica Goldberg, Liberty Park, Marc DiBernardo, Montgomery County, The Runners Hub, Travis Esterby, Wilma Rudolph Event Center
- Clarksville Gas and Water Department General Manager Pat Hickey discusses Water Conservation June 27th, 2012
- Clarksville Police arrest Man after spotting Handgun in his Car while he was at the Detective Division to be Interviewed June 27th, 2012
- Clarksville Bans open Burning and Fireworks due to Dry Conditions June 27th, 2012
- The Whole 'Truth' is in Clarksville June 27th, 2012
- Fort Campbell Army Medics from 801st Brigade Support Battalion take part in a Mass Casuality Training Exercise June 27th, 2012
- Clarksville Jaycees Foundation to give $73,000 for Gary Groves Memorial Athletic Scholarship June 27th, 2012
- Nashville State Community College names Steve Conklin of Clarksville as Director June 27th, 2012
- City of Clarksville Forced to Consider Possible Fireworks Ban as a Result of Drought Conditions June 27th, 2012
- Investigation completed into grievances filed against Clarksville Building and Codes Director June 27th, 2012
- Austin Peay Lady Govs Soccer's Tatiana Ariza and Natalia Ariza headed to London Olympics June 26th, 2012